Step back in time on a journey through Belgian history on a full-day tour to Ypres. Learn about World War I as you visit key sites from the period, including the Menin Gate Memorial and the cemetery. You will also see the iconic poppy fields of Flanders.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
The Kiss and Ride zone in front of the train station in Brugge. If your hotel is more than a 10-minute walk from a pick-up location, please call the tour operator before your tour to arrange an alternative pick-up time and place.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Please contact the tour operator ahead of time to cancel your reservation. No-shows will not be refunded.
- You have the option to stay after your tour in Ypres for the Last Post Ceremony at 8 pm and be brought back by taxi to your hotel in Bruges (please request this when booking)
- This service is free of charge on Thursdays and Sundays and there is a fee of €15 pp on other days, to be paid on the day of the tour
- Leaving Belgium after the tour:
- The tour is back in Bruges at the Floris Karos Hotel at around 18:00. This can vary by 15 minutes, so if you are on a time limit, keep this in mind when you book.
- Pick-up Service:
- If your hotel is more than a 10-minute walk from a pick-up location, please call the tour operator before your tour to arrange for a pick-up time and place.
- The minibus is air-conditioned and very comfortable. No smoking on board, please. However, the tour does stop frequently. It is possible to visit an ancestor's grave, but please ask in advance.