Go under the streets of Edinburgh's Royal Mile to hear terrifying ghost stories on a 75-minute tour of the Auld Reekie. See the infamous stone circle vault, and a horrifying torture exhibition. Wander the wynds and closes off the Royal Mile above ground.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 75 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Explore above and below Edinburgh's Royal Mile
- Go to the underground vaults of Auld Reekie to hear horrifying ghost stories
- Learn how instruments of torture were used
- Discover the living conditions of the wynds and closes in days gone by
- Visit a Torture Exhibition
- Visit the hidden vaults below Edinburgh’s South Bridge
- Children under 18 years
You must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
The meeting point is at the tourist Information and Edinburgh Dungeons Ticket Booth, outside of the Bank of Scotland. 300 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PH. This meeting point is across the road from Deacon Brodie's Tavern. Please arrive 5 minutes before the start time of the tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note that these vaults can cause genuine stress. They are dark and claustrophobic, even before the stories start.
- The tour is for over 18s only. Under 18s may be refused entry
- Entrance to the vaults is by a 2-foot-tall step. May not be suitable for those with limited mobility.