Paddle through the still waters of Yellowstone Lake on a morning sea kayak tour with a local naturalist guide. Explore Yellowstone's supervolcano and West Thumb Geyser Basin.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
The meeting point is at the West Thumb area, at Grant Village Marina Boat Launch Parking lot. About a mile after entering the Grant Village Area, turn right just before the Grant Village General Store. The meeting location is two miles from the South Entrance Road and four miles from West Thumb Geyser Basin. Parking is available on Grant Marina Road near the boat launch. If you're not staying inside the Yellowstone National Park, it takes approximately 2.5 hours of driving from West Yellowstone, MT, or Gardiner, MT, or 3.5 hours from Cooke City, MT to get to the meeting location of this tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Rain gear
- Feeding animals
- Touching marine life
- Touching animals
Know before you go
- This tour may be canceled in the event of poor weather conditions
- You will paddle approximately five miles