Discover the best of Ghent on this full-day tour from the Netherlands. See medieval castles, stunning canals, and the world's most frequently stolen painting.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 10.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Dutch, English
- Pickup optional
- Pickup is included anywhere in the Greater Amsterdam region, including surrounding villages and Schiphol airport.
- Private or small groups available
- Leave the Netherlands behind for the day and discover Belgium
- Explore Ghent with a multiple award-winning tour operator
- Marvel at the medieval canals of Ghent
- Set off on a walking tour and learn about the city's radiant history
- Benefit from the knowledge of your local guide
- Choose from a public or private tour
Escape the Dutch capital for the day and discover the beauty of Ghent, a lesser-known gem on the Dutch border.
Meet your guide at your hotel or meeting point in the morning and hop in the van that will take you straight to Ghent. Upon arrival in the city, enjoy a walking tour with a local guide. Discover medieval history, stunning canals, and breathtaking architecture. The itinerary includes stops at Gravensteen Castle and St Bavo’s Cathedral, home to the most frequently stolen painting in the world.
After your tour, enjoy some free time to shop, visit a local restaurant, or revisit the sights that interest you most. Meet your guide at the end of the day and head back to Amsterdam.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option chosen)
- Professional tour guide
- Guided walking tour
- Fees and taxes
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You must present a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before the activity starts
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West (taxistand on water-facing side).Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- This experience is available as a shared small-group tour departing from Amsterdam or a private tour departing from greater Amsterdam or Utrecht