Experience the glacial landscapes of Iceland up close on a 2.5 to 3-hour jeep tour to the natural ice cave of Vatnajökull Glacier. Marvel at the ice formations in a cave inside the largest glacier in Europe.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Next to the cafeteria at the ticket office of Jökulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, Jökulsárlón, 781 Höfn í Hornafirði.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- High-heeled shoes
- Oversize luggage
- Open-toed shoes
Know before you go
- There is a minimum age of 7 years old
- The tour will be in English
- It is recommended to book in advance in winter
- Keep in mind that the glacier changes constantly and therefore so do the ice caves. We promise to take you to the best cave of the season but note that due to the changes in the glacier, the ice caves might not look exactly as the pictures taken weeks/months before.
- It is recommended to wear warm waterproof clothing and hiking shoes or boots
- If you arrive early you can experience the breathtaking natural beauty of the glacier lagoon and see 1,000-year-old icebergs drifting in to the ocean