Enjoy a tour of Matera and see the striking cave dwellings of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sassi di Matera. Explore the city's fascinating architecture, pay a visit to the museum of farm history, and enjoy a stroll through its baroque area.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Italian, German
- Discover the cave-dwellings of the World Heritage Site of Sassi di Matera
- Enjoy a spectacular view of the canyon as you walk through the historic center
- Explore the fascinating and renowned architecture of Matera
- Visit the incredible ancient rock caves of Sassi di Matera
- See location sites from the Mel Gibson movie, The Passion of Christ
- Travel guide service
- Transfer service
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Piazza Vittorio Veneto (in front of the bank of Napoli)Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Cancellation policy:
- All excursions are non-refundable within 48 hours of the scheduled date.
- Refunds will not be given in the case of no-shows.
- Transfer service to/from Bari airport/port on request.