This half-day tour immerses you in the history and culture of New Orleans’ most distinguished neighborhood, the Garden District. You’ll go behind the scenes at a praline shop, ride a streetcar, visit spooky mausoleums, and stroll past antebellum mansions.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Outside the Auction House Market, 801 Magazine Street, New Orleans. This is in the Warehouse District. You can walk from the French Quarter. Walk straight down St Charles Ave from Canal, take a left on Julia, and the Auction House Market will be on your right. The approximate walking time is 11 minutes. You can take the St. Charles Ave streetcar from Canal toward S Carrollton (green cars). Exit at Julia Street and take a left towards Magazine Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Due to the uneven sidewalks, exposed tree roots, and aged cemeteries, this tour is not wheelchair and stroller accessible
- The walking portion of the tour is outdoors rain or shine, so please dress appropriately (ponchos are recommended for rain while umbrellas are recommended for shade)
- The Garden District neighborhood experiences light flooding during the summer season, therefore rain boots are recommended
- The tour partner complies with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to New Orleans government guidelines for the most up-to-date information.