Dive into the history and culture of New Orleans on a guided city walking tour of the French Quarter, Louis Armstrong Park, and St. Louis Cemetery No. 1. Discover the Queen of Voodoo, Marie Laveau, and NOLA's voodoo traditions.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Explore the historic French Quarter of New Orleans
- Experience the Creole culture of the Treme neighborhood
- Learn about the Queen of Voodoo, Marie Laveau
- Hear about the burial practices of New Orleans' above-ground cemeteries
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Immerse yourself in New Orleans’ mysterious history on a guided city walking tour. Wander through the historical neighborhood of Tremé / Lafitte — the home of jazz — as you hear about local culture, burial rites, and voodoo practices.
Meet your guide and start your tour with a stroll through the lively French Quarter. Learn about the neighborhood’s history and local African American culture as you make your way to Louis Armstrong Park.
Follows the paths through the park to the area formerly known as Congo Square. Discover the history of this place, where enslaved people would meet to socialize and dance on their days off.
Continue onto the famous St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 — the oldest of the city’s cemeteries. Learn why the dead are buried above ground, and how the vaults are built. Hear the history of a voodoo practitioner called Marie Laveau, and other important residents and stories from your expert guide.
- Licensed guides
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
You must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meet your guide right outside Backatown Coffee Parlour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- St. Louis No 1 Cemetary is temporarily closed due to Covid-19
- The tour does not run on 24 and 25 December, Mardi Gras Day and Thanksgiving Day