Discover the spectacular filming locations from the Lord of the Rings movies and more on a 4WD discovery tour from Queenstown to Glenorchy. Admire stunning natural scenery on a small-group expertly-guided half-day tour that includes afternoon tea.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 255 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pick-up and drop off from central Queenstown accommodation is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact the local operator after booking to confirm pick-up details.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Discover spectacular filming locations for Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and more
- Admire stunning natural scenery and stop at breath-taking viewpoints on the way from Queenstown to Glenorchy
- Bring the films to life as you dress up and take photos in replica props
- Explore Paradise Forest, the Forest of Middle-Earth, and gain behind-the-scenes insights from your local guide
- Enjoy a small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people per vehicle for a more personalized experience
- Pick-up and drop off from town center or central Queenstown accommodation
- Transport in 6-seater 4WD Land Rover or Land Cruiser
- Experienced local driver/guide
- Informative and engaging commentary in English
- Replica movie props to use for photographs
- Afternoon tea
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Know before you go
- Operates in all weather conditions - please dress appropriately for the weather on the day
- Not a lot of walking is required and you have the option of staying in or near the vehicle if you wish at any of the stops
- The activity requires a minimum of 2 participants to operate (minimum of 4 on New Zealand public holidays). In the unlikely event that this is not reached you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.