Travel deep into one of Iceland's largest lava tubes. Go off the beaten path on an underground adventure and explore the source of the cave, the magnificent lava falls.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private group
Select participants and date
Please make sure to arrive at the Lava Tunnel 15 minutes before the departure time. When you arrive, enter the service building and check in to the reception.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- High-heeled shoes
Know before you go
- Please note that while no prior caving experience is required, it is a more extreme activity that requires traversing over difficult terrain, including large boulders and up and down hills
- A good sense of balance and overall good fitness level is required to complete this tour
- The average time spent underground is between 3-4 hours depending on the speed of the group
- Although the cave is quite large this tour is not recommended for those that may suffer from claustrophobia
- The minimum age limit for this tour is 12
- Participants must wear hiking shoes with ankle support
- Please note that eating or smoking/vaping is not allowed inside the cave
- Bathrooms are available in the service building before and after the tour