Spend a half-day on a privately guided tour visiting the coastal redwoods of Muir Woods and the seaside village of Sausalito, offering stunning views of San Francisco.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- You can get picked up at your hotel, accommodation, or any other location of your choice in San Francisco.
- Private group
- 30 minutes
Muir Woods National Monument (walk, free time)
- Extra fee
- 30 minutes
Sausalito (walk, free time)
- 30 minutes
- Admire up-close the magnificent redwood trees in Muir Woods National Monument
- Learn about the biology and history of some of the tallest and oldest trees in the world
- Explore the picturesque small seaside town of Sausalito on the San Francisco Bay
- Enjoy a meal with breathtaking views of the San Francisco Skyline in the background
- Choose from either a morning or afternoon private tour for up 13 people
- Expert local guide
- Private transportation in a passenger van
- Pickup and drop off at your San Francisco location
- Bottled water
- 15 USD per person park entrance fee
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- The $15 USD per person park entrance fee at Muir Woods is not included in the price and is paid at the entry gate of the park. Cash and credit cards accepted.
- The exact start and finish time will depend on the timing and availability of parking reservations at Muir Woods.
- The National Park Service does not allow tour guides to lead hikes within Muir Woods. A detailed commentary will be provided on the way in and out of Muir Woods.
- The tour can be customized to suit your preferences. Your tour guide will contact you to confirm the itinerary and pick up location.
- Your group will travel in a passenger van with seating for up to 13 people (bench seating). This is a large, comfortable, reliable vehicle with air conditioning.
- Weather and traffic can be unpredictable and may impact the duration of this tour.