Experience the magic of the Alps in the company of an expert guide aboard the famous Bernina Express on a roundtrip journey from Tirano to the famous Saint Moritz.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Italian, English, German
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
- Experience a unique railway journey from Italy to Switzerland
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Alps from your train window
- Learn about the history and legends of the Alps with an expert local guide
Treat yourself to a 2.5-hour private guided tour aboard the famous Bernina Red Train from Tirano in Italy to St. Moritz in Switzerland. Be amazed by the fascinating history of the Rhaetian Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and by the beauty of the landscapes along the route.
Meet your private tour guide in front of the Tirano Rhaetian Railway station, where you will board the train and begin your adventure.
Cross the border into Switzerland and climb along the Valposchiavo, passing the famous Brusio helical viaduct. Travel by the breathtaking Poschiavo Lake before climbing to reach the highest railway station in the Alps.
Continue through the Val Bernina to St. Moritz. Take in views of the Piz Bernina and the Morteratsch glacier before beginning the journey back to Tirano.
- Expert local guide
- Roundtrip train ticket
- Food and drinks
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide outside the Rhaetian Railway station in Tirano.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Face mask or protective covering
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- Tirano is accessible from Milan by train
- It is recommended to arrive in Tirano the day before your journey
- The guided tour will end in St Moritz but your ticket includes return transportation to Tirano