Discover a dessert-lovers’ paradise on this tour of Vienna. Uncover stories and urban legends behind the origins and names of historic pastries and listen closely as guarded secrets of the Austrian capital's coffeehouse culture are revealed.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- German, English, Portuguese
- Private group available
- Learn about the history behind Viennese coffee culture
- See the most prominent and beautiful coffeehouses in Vienna
- Get to know the etiquette and characteristics of a Viennese coffeehouse
- Listen in as the origin stories of delicious pastries are revealed
- Get tips for the best confectioneries in the city
- Learn the difference between the “original” and the “real” Sachertorte (Sacher Cake)
- Hear funny and exciting anecdotes and stories
- Guided tour
- Food & beverages
- People with mobility impairments
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- You must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 22 days ago, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before the activity starts, or a negative rapid test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- Please note that during the tour you will not visit the interior of any coffeehouses or cafés. Visits are exterior only.