Enjoy a bus tour through beautiful countryside from Zurich to Lucerne for a short city tour. Travel up Mt. Pilatus by cable car, descend back down to Alpnachstad via funicular, and cruise back over the Lake of the Four Cantons by boat.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9.5 hours
- Starting time 9:30 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- German, English, Spanish
What customers loved
"Pilatus top and the steepest cogwheel train."
"Cogwheel railroad trip down the mountain"
"Everything was taken care of for us. Plus we had time to explore on our own as well."
- Enjoy a beautiful ride through the countryside along the Lake of the Four Cantons to Lucerne
- Visit Lucerne and take a short tour of the main sights
- Discover the charming old town of Lucerne at your own pace
- Scale Mount Pilatus on several cable cars
- Conquer the summit of the "Dragon Mountain" and enjoy unique views over the Alps and lakes
- Take a daring ride on the breathtaking funicular railway down to Alpnachstadt, the steepest funicular railway in the world*
- Relax afterwards on an idyllic, 1-hour boat ride back to Lucerne
- Fully guided tour by professional multilingual guide
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Panoramic gondolas and aerial cable car Dragon Ride
- Cogwheel train
- 1-hour boat cruise (summer option)
- Lunch voucher up to 20 CHF (autumn option)
- Food and drink
- Personal expenditure
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Food and drinks in the vehicle
Know before you go
- The gondola and cable car are not available at the beginning of November due to servicing.
- Early May 2021: depending on snow conditions, the coghweel train may be replaced by the aerial cable car
- From October 18-24 and November 13-21: the ascent will be made by cable car, the descent will be by cogwheel train (no boat ride) but a lunch voucher will be included
- From October 25-November 12: the ascent and descent will be made by cogwheel train, due to revision of the cable car (no boat ride) but a lunch voucher will be included
- In winter (from November 22): the tour runs under the name "Mount Pilatus - The Mystic Mountain"